Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pepper Portrait week 2


Since I have to work for a living, I get one good painting day a week. This week, I got a late start and decided on just focusing on the background color. Once I add paint to canvas, I really start to feel the creative juices flow. Drawing has never been my strong point or something that I look forward to starting. For me, it is a means to an end. That end being allowed to put the pigments together and let the color explode.


Today, I used a 2" brush loaded with Winton Cadmium Yellow Medium and using Liquin to thin. Getting the background color allows me to focus more on the subject's face. As I progress, I will adjust the colors of the background to match the light source.


Here is Pepper:

1 comment:

  1. Would you like to make something special to the Planet? Visit http://allpetitions.blogspot.com/ and find out! ^^

    ReplyDelete